Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowed in Decisions

Snowed in for the second time this month, I have been given an unusual opportunity to sit back and think about, well try to think about, life. Honestly this is what my default brain mode has gone into ......................................................................................................................

I think snow has a way of making even the busiest person stop for a few minutes and refocus. Trying to plan for the next phase of life when you were not exactly read for there to be an end of an era is somewhat difficult.

I do well when I can make a decision quickly because I'm able to cross if off my list of things to get done for the day. However, the decisions I am running into recently are not cross off your list decisions. I am reminded constantly that nothing great is achieved suddenly, that things take time and majority of the time you do not even know what greatness looks like until you take risks and give something your best shot.

This weekend I found a picture of my grandmother and I when I was 2 years old and being the girl I am, I got a little teary eyed. Not really because I miss her so much, even though I do, but because I see that picture and wish more than anything that life looked that simple still. The comfort of not worrying about the future and being so happy in the arms of someone you know loves you more than anything in the world is what the picture reminded me of.

Psalm 55:22 says, "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Thinking about this today, I realized, these are the arms that carry me now. I look forward to living my life with these arms around me while making all the difficult decisions to come.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment